Thursday, March 5, 2015

20-Time Week Two

Well, it's been a long week. As many of you know, your junior year of high school is tough, and this week has been one of the toughest for me. It was the week of the dreaded ACT. I've been stressed about it for a while and am glad it's over, but it has really restricted the amount of time I've had to work on my 20-Time project...

Though I haven't spent as much time as I would like on my project, I did watch the first video from the website that was included in my last post! I learned how to sign many common words like: he/she, yes, no, again, sign, deaf, etc. I also learned question words and how to ask question like "are you deaf?" and "what is your name?" I'm super excited about this because these are great ways to start a conversation, which means I'm one step closer to reaching my goal!

I have also contacted a possible mentor, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Hopefully she will soon so I can have someone to help me practice and eventually reach my goal.

Next week I hope to watch at least two more videos. Also, in my next post I'm going to try to post a video of myself signing some common words, phrases, and questions to show off what I've learned.

Until next time...




4 comments:

  1. Okay, this ending is priceless:) The picture, and the voice is awesome!! Really excited to see the upcoming video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully the video won't look too silly...I've never made one before so wish me luck! ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I love that your putting pictures in your blog, it really makes it more fun to read! Can't wait to see those videos. I'm sure they'll turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Piper. It is clear what you learned and did for your project. I especially love the creativity you used with the sign icons to open and close. Clear, organized, concise, yet detailed. You've got this! I can't wait for you to learn from a real mentor! I hope she gets back with you.

    ReplyDelete